The Ministry of Public Administration and Home Affairs as the Centre of Civil Administration facilitates and coordinates services related to the Public Administration, District Administration, Divisional Administration, Village Administration, Civil Registration and Employeesâ Welfare. It deals with number of functional areas such as Public Policy Making on Organizational Excellence, Human Resource Management, Institutional Development, Electronic Government and Good Governance targeting Social and Economic Development along with the National Priorities of the Government.
An Excellent Public Service to the Nation
To ensure an Excellent Public Service through Sound National and Regional Administrative System with Competent Human Resources
- To formulate efficient public policies on Recruitment, Remuneration and other Service Conditions in Human Resource Management (HRM) of Public Service.
- To develop strategies to reorient mindset of existing Public Servants in responding to Peopleâs needs
- To formulate and implement new Management Structures and Systems to enhance Productivity and Quality in the Public Service.
- To establish and share a System of Values (Result Oriented Attitudes, Accountability, Resource Prudence, Impartiality, Transparency etc.).
- To identify Training Requirements of Public Sector to facilitate and conduct Training Programmes.
- To formulate and execute Pension and Programmes to address the issues related to Pension System.
- To improve the Public Financial Management including Assets Management in the Civil Administration system.
- To enhance efficiency and effectiveness of the Decentralized Administrative System.
- To devise framework for Institutional Development in the Public service, capable of achieving development objectives and priorities of the Government.
- To promote Application of Information and Communication Technology to improve Productivity and Quality of service delivery.
- To enhance the Competency of the Staff in the Public Service.
- To upgrade, develop and execute Guidelines for System Simplification and Process Reengineering in the Public Service to meet the changing environment.
- To facilitate and coordinate the District, Divisional and Village Administration.
- To perform functions delegated by law including Civil Registration and Document Management
- To facility, coordinate and manage Projects related to Civil Administration, e- Government etc funded by Donors as well as Government of Sri Lanka.
- To organize and coordinate State Functions and Festivals including Independence Day Ceremony
- Implementation of policies, plans and programmes pertaining to the subject of Public Administration and Home Affairs
- Management of services pertaining to Combined Services, Sri Lanka Administrative Service, Sri Lanka Engineering Service, Sri Lanka Scientific, Technological and Architectural Services
- Management, monitoring and coordination of all agencies come under the purview of the Ministry including District & Divisional Administration
- Provide financial and administrative support services to the agencies which come under the Ministry of Public Administration and Home Affairs
- Development of Human Resources in public service
- Making arrangements for capacity building of Public Service
- Assist in formulation of Administrative Reforms Policies and implement them in the Ministry and institutions under purview of the Ministry
- Testing, practice and application of new public management concepts.
- Formulation and implementation of policies on public service Pension, W&OP schemes and Public Service Provident Fund
- Formulation, Interpretation and Revision of provisions in the Establishment Code
- Organizing the National Independence Day Ceremony and other state ceremonies
- Implementation of Holiday Act
- Policy Formulation and Implementation of Civil Registration (Births, Marriages and Deaths).
Social Welfare of Public Servants
- Formulation and implementation of social security schemes for public servants (Agrahara Insurance Scheme, Property Loan etcâĻ)
- Providing housing facilities for Public Servants and allocation of Government Quarters
- Management of Holiday Bungalows, Circuit Bungalows for Public servants and management of Pensioners Holiday Resort.
- Providing Official Transport Facilities
- Prudent Policy and Regulatory Framework for an efficient Human Resource Management System in the Public Service
- Administrative Reforms towards Process Reengineering and System Development to improve productivity in the Public Service Delivery
- Competitive Recruitment and Selection Process in Public Service.
- Demand Oriented Capacity Development and Competency Matching
- Decentralized Institutional Networks to take the Service Delivery to closeÂ to the Citizens
- Decentralized Network of Civil Registration and Automated / Prudent Document Management System
- Application of Information and Communication Technology for Quality Improvement and Transparent in Service Delivery of the Public Service
- Citizens/ Clients Charter to standardize the Service Delivery towards Citizens Centric Public Service